Monday, January 21, 2013

While I had planned to write successive posts about prayer, God has a mysterious yet beautiful way of interrupting our plans and our very lives. First off, I've come to realize that several, if not all of these posts, have potentially come forth with an overly critical and perhaps a teaching spirit as if I'm above others. That is not what I want this blog to be. In retrospect, maybe I even started it with this vain concept in mind, but it is not something I wish to continue in, nor a false pedestal I wish to put myself upon. Rather, I want this blog to be clear, vulnerable insights into what God is doing and teaching me in my personal life. I'm not above anyone reading this, so it's time I started writing like it. It's become quite clear to me that the line between edification and criticism is easily blurred. The post I enjoyed writing the most, and seemingly the most well received, was the "Three Truths" post. There's an easy-to-see contrast between that post and my others, with its focus on personal lessons I'm learning through life, and general spirit of edification throughout. These are the kind of posts I want to keep writing.

Perchance I dove deeper than I was prepared for. With all this being said, I want to thank each of you who have read and encouraged me through the writing of this blog.  With newly opened eyes, I look forward to this fresh start God has given me and trust that His grace will help me to think and write with a humble and broken spirit, so that His Spirit would flow through me. That you would not receive the half-useless ramblings of a weary brother, but the love, wisdom, and encouragement of the omniscient, eternal One. 

1 comment: